2011-05-16

Sixx A.M. - This is Gonna Hurt

This one is the ultimate writing pleasure for me. If you've read my profile you know that I'm pretty in to Mötley Crüe and Sixx A.M. as well as to the guys in Mötley. And Sixx A.M. has released a new album, This is Gonna Hurt. And I gotta say, this album took me totally by surprise. At first I thought that it's not consistent, not as whole as The Heroin Diaries. But after listening to this album a couple of times it comes together. The album is with certainty connected tightly to the book with the same title that includes stories and photographs by Nikki Sixx. But maybe even more surprising was the positiveness of this album. There are tracks that have a strong message that being different isn't by any means a bad thing. But what really blew me away were songs like Sure Feels Right, Smile and Skin. I haven't been able yet to listen Smile without smiling. The song makes me feel all bubbly and happy, with myself and with my life and it makes me appreciate certain people in my life even more I did before. And Skin.. what a beautiful song. Just listen to the lyrics and you'll know what I mean. I almost broke down and cried.

But that's not all. There are heavier beats for example in Live Forever and Help Is On The Way. Are You With Me would serve perfectly on Chris Daughtry album as well and Deadlihood could've been already on The Heroin Diaries. After few listenings there is still two songs I haven't connected with though: Oh My God and Goodbye My Friends. I liked the guitar on Oh My God. And I do wonder why such a great song as Codependence is only as a bonus track on the Japanese release. As an addict though.. as a MUSIC addict, I got to have this album. The good is so good that the bad isn't bad at all.

http://sixxammusic.com/
http://www.myspace.com/sixxam

No comments: