2011-07-15

Flashback Friday

We all know Tommy Lee as a drummer of Mötley Crüe. But Tommy Lee's done a couple of solo albums as well, of which Tommyland - The Ride from 2005 is the latest one. I gotta say I like the previous album, Never A Dull Moment, more but chose this one for today just because I happen to love the positive vibe on this album. Just watch the video for Good Times and you'll probably understand what I mean. The album was released at the same time with his autobiography Tommyland and works very well as a soundtrack for the book (Not that the book needs any soundtrack, but I'll get to that later on with my book reviews.). This album shouldn't be overanalyzed but be enjoyed as it is, simple, good-times music for hanging out, chilling in the park maybe while snuggle with someone special. Hello Again suits that snuggle part particularly well. If a bit more attitude needed the third track Tryin' To Be Me is your choice. Or Tired (with Joel Madden from Good Charlotte) which doesn't hide at all to whom it's meant.

This album certainly isn't the same caliber with what we've learned to expect from the guys of Mötley. But it works after all. I Need You or Make Believe or Makin' Me Crazy are great when compared to the right music genre, pop. (It ain't rock but..) A bit of pop occasionally won't harm any of us. ;) And there's nothing wrong about being and feeling positive. I know I'll keep on listening to it every now and then with a smile on my face. And luckily Mötley still keeps on touring because one thing is sure: Tomme Lee is kicking every critic's ass while sitting behind his drum-set!! (I dare you, you try yourself to do it bigger and better every time when getting on stage, still after all those years..)

No comments: