2011-07-25

Owl City - All Things Bright And Beautiful

Something more positive and pop for this Monday. Owl City is something totally different I've written about and listened to lately. But the album named All Things Bright And Beautiful certainly suits very well everything from depressing Mondays and sunny, summer Sundays. The album works as a cheer-up or a chill-out music while sippin' your sweet, cold strawberry margarita. :) Just listen to Deer In The Headlights and you'll probably agree with me.

Owl City is basically just a one-man-band put together by Adam Young in 2007 in the basement of his parents. After releasing his music independently through Myspace and iTunes Owl City got a label deal with Universal Republic and is now touring with a band that includes vibraphones, violins and such. Adam Young seem to have stayed the same as he was in the beginning of the Owl City when he was responding to any messages and writing blog constantly, giving a feeling to people that they knew him.

This may not be my cup of tea in the way I'd listen to this every day, time after time but I'm definitely going to remember Owl City when chillin' with my friends in the warm summer sun. Maybe I'll ask the dj to play songs like Yacht Club or Alligator Sky.

http://www.owlcitymusic.com/
http://www.myspace.com/owlcity

No comments: