2011-07-11

Theory Of A Deadman - The Truth Is...

Lately I've found myself spotting new bands that play same type of rock music and have other things incommon, like the bands they've been on tour with. Theory Of A Deadman is one of those bands. The band has been on tour with Alter Bridge, as have done Adelita's Way, Black Stone Cherry. Daughtry has been mentioned as well on in T.O.A.D's bio as well as Mötley Crüe. But it's no wonder when you listen to their music and especially their latest album The Truth Is...

This Canadian band opens their album with a track named Lowlife. Lead vocalist and lead guitarist Tyler Connolly tells on band's homepage that the song was made for a fun anthem. Their fans aren't wearing suits and don't have diamond necklaces and the song kind of tells that it's ok to be a regular person who likes to party and sing rock'n'roll music. With such thoughts behind a song, it's hardly any surprise that the song speaks to people. And the thing I like about this band is that they're not too serious about their music (while being all serious about it). Listen for example their song The Truth Is... [I Lied About Everything]. I laughed out loud. And then listen to Out Of My Head. That's what I love about this band, they pretty much cover all the feelings and thoughts a person could have. You might predict my verdict for this album: it's a keeper, a must-have.

No comments: