2011-08-19

Flashback Friday

It's time for flashback and this week it comes from Canadian band Three Days Grace. The band was formed in 1997 by Adam Gontier, Brad Walst and Neil Sanderson. Their first album, self-titled Three Days Grace, was published in 2003 and the band got known all over the world pretty quickly. Not least because of their great single release (I Hate) Everything About You. Singles Just Like You and Home followed the first one and the band went on tour for the next two years. During the heavy touring Gontier created himself an addiction to pain killer named oxycontin. The band took a break so that Gontier could get his things together again and while being in rehabilitation he started writing songs for the new album. Album was named One X and it continued their success. The second album is markable also because the trio became a quartet with second guitarist Barry Stock.

I think this band hasn't had a bad record.. at least not yet. And I hope they never will. And not that bad songs either, each of them work well, maybe not always after the first listening in all cases but they work. My favorite song from this album is ofcourse their first single. The chorus describes so well relationships between people because none of us is perfect and everyone of us have those annoying and lovable sides in us. And I do like their song Just Like You as well. Although it is on the album before (I Hate) Everything About You, it seems more like a follow-up song to it. Let You Down and Overrated are definitely on my favorites as well. Especially the latter one, once again because of the chorus. And I do love the voice of Adam Gontier. It is amazing. No wonder the Finnish band Apocalyptica asked him to sing their track I Don't Care.

No comments: