2011-10-31

Noel Gallager's High Flying Birds

As so often it happens, I found this album by an accident. It's not something I usually listen but then again I do like Oasis, so maybe after all it's not such a surprise that I really, really like Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds. This solo debut album was released on October 17th. Three singles have been released from this album so far, The Death Of You And Me, If I had a gun.. and AKA.. What A Life! of which the last one is released only in UK. Second album is supposedly coming out as soon as 2012.

Noel is said to be the mastermind behind the greatest Oasis songs so it's not a huge surprise he went for a solo project after Oasis split up. And aren't I glad that he did. Although some of the tracks have names that might sound somewhat depressing and sort of dark, the album sounds all in all quite positive. I wouldn't for sure listen to this album when feeling all down and blue. Although maybe I should because it might bring one feeling happy again. For example the single release If I Had A Gun.. is everything but down. I have quite manny personal favorites on this album, including two of the singles but also tracks Everybody's On The Run (the opening track of the album), Dream On and the fourth track on the album (I Wanna Live In A Dream In My) Record Machine. Can't really say much more about this album than listen to it. It's definitely worth your time.

No comments: