2012-04-16

Train - California 37

Train has done a new album, California 37, and once again they manage to be a breath of fresh air. This pop rock band from sunny San Francisco always seems to make me smile and surprise me in a way. They have such positive vibe in their songs and although some of their material is a bit too pop for my taste, so far they've managed to put out songs on every album that simply make me wanna dance and mosh around my appartment. The new album is no exception. And there's something appealing in Patrick Monahan's voice.

I think this album isn't their best one. But then again, my all-time favourite Train-album happends to be Drops of Jupiter which was the album that brought them to larger audience. That is one hard album to beat. For Me, It's You came quite close.. But the new album has it's special moments and the first two track are included to my special ones. This'll Be My Year is just so loaded with positiveness and then ofcourse Drive By is the first single released from the album. And somehow, I can imagine Mermaid to be the summer hit of the year. It has all the elements, pop rock sounds, beach, sun and beautiful girl to whom Monahan is singing to. Not so much a favourite of mine though..

Tracks:

1. This'll Be My Year
2. Drive By (first single release)
3. Feels Good At First
4. Bruises (featuring Ashley Monroe)
5. 50 Ways To Say Goodbye
6. You Can Finally Meet My Mom
7. Sing Together
8. Mermaid
9. California 37
10. We Were Made For This
11. When The Fog Rolls In
12. To Be Loved


http://trainline.com/

No comments: