2011-06-06

Black Stone Cherry - Between The Devil & The Deep Blue Sea

Lovelovelove!! That word sums up what I think about the new Black Stone Cherry album Between The Devil & The Deep Blue Sea. I found this band about a month ago and been waiting their latest album ever since I heard their opening track White Trash Millionaire. And this album surely was worth waiting for.

First I got to start by saying that this album made me smile. It made me laugh like a little child in the treasure hunt. Every song on this album reveals something new, something better than the previous track. There is some heavy parts on the album and there is some soft tunes. Killing Floor is definitely one of the heavier ones as well as Such A Shame. I can't really put my finger to it but there is something familiar with Such A Shame, it reminds me of another song. I just can't figure out which song is that.

From heavier tunes to positive energy with songs Blame It On The Boom Boom, Like I Roll, Can't You See (Absolutely love that guitar on this one!!!) and Let Me See You Shake. These four guys do know how to make you move. The band is often associated to Lynyrd Skynyrd and this album didn't make a difference to that aspect. Just listen to their song Fade Away if you don't want to take my word on it. Fifteen songs on this album and all of them good if not great. What more can you ask for?!? I'll be happy to spend my last bucks on this album. Like they sing it in White Trash Millionaire: "..ain't got much and I don't care.." At least I don't care as long as I'll get this album to my collection. :D

http://www.blackstonecherry.com/
http://www.myspace.com/blackstonecherry

No comments: