2011-07-29

Flashback Friday

Sixth studio album from Suburban Tribe is my choice for this weeks flashback. Second Suburban Tribe album for lead singer Ville Tuomi is Manimal, and as the name suggests it is full of raw power coming from the instincts of a hunting beast known as mankind. But just like carnivore in nature have their rest and peaceful moments also this album has it's havens. The album starts strong with You Can't Stop Us Now and Untameable wich was released also as a single. Weight calms the beat a bit and brings in a little feeling of blue with it's chorus just so that Torn Apart and Firedance can bring the speed up again. My personal favorites are songs like Cancer, Swallow, Silent Rain and Drowning. Especially Cancer is one of those that makes me want to sing along, scream those highs with everything I have in me.. I think though that my neighbours wouldn't appreciate it very much..

This album has gotten both good and bad reviews. Most of them compare this album with Korn and Faith No More and lead vocals to Mike Patton. I don't see that kind of comparison being a bad thing since I happen to like them all. I can hear the resemblance with Korn, but with Faith No More or Mike Patton, not so much. Anyhow, I'm loving this band and their music and it's sort of a sad thig they are doing their farewell gigs this weekend. Suburban Tribe has been doing music 20 years and they thought it's a good time to stop in a point where they still are doing good music and being successful.

http://www.suburbantribe.com/
http://www.myspace.com/suburbantribemusic

No comments: